A non-surgical approach to remove benign skin lesions.
- No Accutane 6 months prior to procedure.
- Avoid salicylic acids, glycolic acids, benzoyl peroxide, Vitamin C, retinoids, etc. for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Inform the provider if you have a history of cold sores in the treated area. If so, you will be treated prophylactically.
- Take prescribed medication as directed (if applicable).
- Do not consume alcohol because it can cause increased inflammation, discomfort and bleeding.
- Come to the office with a clean face freshly washed with an antibacterial soap (No makeup/moisturizers/sunscreens).
- Arrive 15 minutes before your treatment time for topical numbing.
- If you are anxious about the treatment or have taken sedating medication make arrangements to have a driver.
- You may feel burning or discomfort during and after the procedure. This will resolve spontaneously.
- The treated skin will feel tight, appear red like a sunburn for mild treatments and may appear swollen with pinpoint bleeding with deeper treatments.
- A moisturizer will be applied to your skin directly after treatment.
- KEEP THE TREATMENT AREA MOIST AT ALL TIMES with the recommended moisturizer for 48-72 hours after treatment. You can use Aquaphor (over the counter) and cover the area with a bandage.
- Do not rub your skin while it is healing, gently pat to clean with a gentle cleanser and dry. Cleansers may include: the post procedure kit, ZO Gentle Skin Cleanser, or CeraVe (over the counter).
- You may have mild swelling. Ice packs can be used to soothe the area for small intervals.
- You may have crustiness, bronzing, peeling and itching. This will improve daily.
- Avoid hot showers or steam until all the skin is healed.
- When the skin is healed, use a recommended moisturizer with SUNSCREEN when going outdoors.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds during the healing process and indefinitely to prolong results. If you are exposed to the sun without protection in the immediate healing period, this can trigger dark spots. Please protect your skin to avoid this.
- Avoid salicylic acids, glycolic acids, benzoyl peroxide, vitamin C, retinoids, etc. for 3 to 4 weeks after the skin is healed.
- You will start to enjoy your new skin once the area is healed. Textural issues such as wrinkles and scarring will continue to soften as new collagen is made over the next 4 to 6 months. Deeper textural issues such as heavy wrinkles, pitted acne or chicken pox scarring will require repeated treatments or other types of treatments.
- This minimally invasive laser treatment means that treatments are well tolerated with faster recovery times to allow the psychological impact of the removal of the lesion to be much sooner.
- The Er:YAG laser gently ablates the lesion, enabling the removal of the epidermis and superficial dermis in a controlled and minimally invasive manner.
- Yes, please arrive 15 minutes before your treatment time for topical numbing.
- Treatment time varies depending on the size of the area that is being treated. Typically, a single lesion will take less than 5 minutes.
- Results will be seen immediately.
- Total treatment sessions will depend on the treatment area and aesthetic goals. Some patients only receive 1 session, while other can receive 6 or more.
- If a package series is purchased, treatments will be performed every 6 weeks for the duration of the package.
- Pricing will be individually quoted at your consultation. It will vary based on the treatment area.
- Pricing starts at $100 per lesion.
- Typically, there is a brief warming sensation in the treatment area, which dissipates quickly after the treatment is done. Topical numbing is used to maximize comfort.
- Please arrive to your appointment 15 minutes early for topical numbing.
- Yes- redness, irritation, pinpoint bleeding, and mild swelling can be present for a few days after your treatment. The downtime varies depending on treatment settings which are customized to your aesthetic goals. You will be fully educated on your expected downtime prior to starting your treatment.
- Please keep the treated area moist until fully healed.