A non-surgical approach to resurface stretch marks.
Learn more about this treatment
- No Accutane 6 months prior to procedure.
- Avoid salicylic acids, glycolic acids, benzoyl peroxide, vitamin C, retinoids, etc. for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Inform the provider if you have a history of cold sores in the treated area. If so, you will be treated prophylactically.
- Take prescribed medication as directed (if applicable).
- Do not consume alcohol because it can cause increased inflammation, discomfort and bleeding.
- Come to the office with clean skin freshly washed with an antibacterial soap (No makeup/moisturizers/sunscreens).
- Arrive 15 minutes before your treatment time for topical numbing.
- If you are anxious about the treatment or have taken sedating medication make arrangements to have a driver.
- You may feel burning or discomfort during and after the procedure.
- This will resolve spontaneously.
- The treated skin will feel tight, appear red like a sunburn for mild treatments and may appear swollen with pinpoint bleeding with deeper treatments.
- A moisturizer will be applied to your skin directly after treatment.
- KEEP THE TREATMENT AREA MOIST AT ALL TIMES with the recommended moisturizer for 48-72 hours after treatment. You can use Aquaphor (over the counter) and cover the area with a bandage.
- Do not rub your skin while it is healing, gently pat to clean with a gentle cleanser and dry.
- You may have mild swelling. Ice packs can be used to soothe the area for small intervals.
- You may have crustiness, bronzing, peeling and itching. This will improve daily.
- Avoid hot showers or steam until all the skin is healed.
- When the skin is healed, use a recommended moisturizer with SUNSCREEN when going outdoors.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds during the healing process and indefinitely to prolong results. If you are exposed to the sun without protection in the immediate healing period, this can trigger dark spots. Please protect your skin to avoid this.
- Avoid salicylic acids, glycolic acids, benzoyl peroxide, vitamin C, retinoids, etc. for 3 to 4 weeks after the skin is healed.
- You will start to enjoy your new skin within a few weeks. Textural issues such as wrinkles and scarring will continue to soften as new collagen is made over the next 4 to 6 months. Deeper textural issues will require repeated treatments or other types of treatments.
- The minimally invasive nature of laser scar-revision treatments means that treatments are well tolerated with faster recovery times to allow the psychological impact of scar revision to be much sooner.
- With Fotona’s pioneering dual-wavelength scar-revision therapy, both nonablative Nd:YAG and fractional-ablative Er:YAG wavelengths are combined as part of a single comprehensive scar-treatment regimen, with immediate visible results that surpass that of traditional laser-based and conventional scar treatment techniques.
- Dual-wavelength scar treatment therapies provide a highly effective solution that not only addresses a scar’s aesthetic appearance but also helps to resolve complicating factors with the scar’s vascular feeding system.
- Yes, please arrive 15 minutes before your treatment time for topical numbing.
- Treatment time varies depending on the size of the area that is being treated.
- Results will be seen as soon as the skin heals. This can vary from a few days to a few weeks depending on the area treated.
- Total treatment sessions will depend on the treatment area and aesthetic goals. Some patients only receive 1 session, while other can receive 6 or more.
- If a package series is purchased, treatments will be performed every 6 weeks for the duration of the package.
- An individualized quote will be given in your consultation. The cost will vary based on the treatment area.
- Pricing starts at $100 per lesion.
- Everyone is different, but typically there is a gradual warming sensation, and after a few minutes you may experience some very brief hot sensations in the treatment area, which dissipate quickly. Topical numbing is used to maximize comfort.
- Please arrive to your appointment 15 minutes early for topical numbing.
- Yes- redness, irritation, pinpoint bleeding, and mild swelling can be present for a few days after your treatment. The downtime varies depending on treatment settings which are customized to your aesthetic goals. You will be fully educated on your expected downtime prior to starting your treatment.
- Please keep the treated area moist until fully healed.