Laser treatment for veins and vascular lesions.
Learn more about this treatment
- Laser treatments are now a routine procedure for the removal of many types of vascular lesions, including hemangiomas, vascular malformations such as port-wine stains, telangiectasias, venous lakes and angiomas.
- Long-pulse Nd:YAG lasers offer the perfect solution for treating vascular lesions. Fotona’s long-pulse Nd:YAG lasers penetrate to a depth of 5-6 mm into the skin, allowing for highly effective treatments. Independent research shows that over 75% of patients with deep hemangiomas that are treated with Nd:YAG lasers see a dramatic regression in the lesion
- The targeted chromophore for vascular lesions is intravascular oxyhemoglobin; thus, thermal damage is largely restricted to cutaneous blood vessels. The energy from the laser is absorbed by the blood in the vein, converted into heat, and the vein walls are subsequently destroyed. In comparison with other wavelengths, which mainly affect the surface layers of a lesion, Nd:YAG light also targets the underlying vascular feeding system, which is important for ensuring the long-term efficacy the treatment. This process is perfectly safe as other healthy veins supply blood to the treated area and the body’s immune system clears away the dead tissue just as with a bruise
- Fotona’s long-pulse Nd:YAG laser penetrates several mm into the skin, deep enough to reach the blood vessels.
- The Nd:YAG laser creates homogenous heating which affects blood vessels only
- Result: The blood vessels coagulate without damaging the overlying skin.
- You may feel a brief sensation of warmth during the procedure. This will resolve spontaneously.
- The entire procedure only takes about 10 minutes.
- 1-3 treatments may be needed to achieve resolution.
- No, no topical numbing is required.
- Ice will be used to maximize comfort.
- The entire treatment takes only about 10 minutes.
- You will start to notice improvements right after the treatment
- Sometimes a second or third treatment may be required to achieve complete resolution.
- A singe treatment is $250.
- You may feel a brief sensation of burning or discomfort during the procedure. This will resolve spontaneously.
- No downtime required.