- This 3-step peel provides epidermal renewal and dermal stimulation. It is safe on all skin types. This peel supports a healthy skin barrier function and improves the skins ability to repair and renew itself. It also provides antioxidant protection, DNA repair, and anti-inflammation benefits.
- This is our most popular chemical peel.
- Peel solution: 17% salicylic acid, 10% TCA, 5% lactic acid followed by a 6% Retinol Crème
For your safety and in order to obtain optimum results, the instructions below must be followed diligently.
- Gentlemen: Shave the treatment area one day before your scheduled treatment, unless instructed otherwise.
- Do not use the following products on the treated area for 3 days before treatment: scrubs, exfoliation products, bleaching creams, retinoids (Retin-A) or any similar vitamin A compounds or irritating agents.
- Do not apply any creams, lotions, perfume or makeup etc. on the area to be treated, prior to treatment.
- Do not pick, rub or scratch any scabs or dry skin that may appear. This may cause unwanted side effects such as darkening of skin and/or scarring.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or on antibiotics.
- Avoid washing your face for at least 5 hours after your peel, we prefer you wait until the following morning if you can.
- Step 1: The day after your peel, gently wash your face with your ZO cleanser.
- Step 2: Apply the entire packet of ZO Retinol Crème and massage into skin.
- Step 3: Apply a thin layer of Revitatrol (Epidermal Repair Crème Skin Protectant). You can apply this Crème as much as you would like throughout the recovery process to soothe the skin.
- Redness, stinging, itching, mild swelling, flaking and peeling are all normal signs after a peel and vary based on patient response. You may take over the counter Benadryl tonight to help with the itching and inflammation.
- The skin will generally start peeling 2-3 days after you have had the ZO peel treatment, you may peel up to 5 days, in rare cases longer.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 7-10 days following the peel.
- Sunscreen may be applied after the skin has completely healed.
- Besides your Retinol Crème, do not use alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinoids or other vitamin A compounds or any irritating products until the skin is healed.
- Avoid procedures such as hair removal, microdermabrasion, and laser treatments in the treated area until the skin is completely healed.